Saturday, July 28, 2007

Escape from Mount Drash


Man this is the worst game ever. It might actually be more awful than that E.T game for the atari. The fighting mechanics in this game are simply horrendous and at a certain point when you stop seeing things on your overhead map it just becomes retarded. It took me like 5 tries to understand how to solve that damn 13th level. I couldn't get into the portal! Eventually I realized that there were gems scattered around so I tried to teleport but my guy wouldn't teleport where I wanted him to. Just when I was ready to throw my computer screen I discovered the blast spell. That made it easy to finish the game.

I didn't even want to play this game, it's even an Ultima. It has the name slapped on it but it's not an Ultima. Sierra decided hey let's make a generic game and slap on the Ultima title on it that'll sell! This is called "Rotting Dragon's trip through Ultima", not "Rotting Dragon's trip through Ultima and all its derivatives, imitations, influences and every other game who used the Ultima name to try and make a profit" or whatnot. I shouldn't have to play a game like Mount Drash! *cries*

God damn.

4 comments:

Natreg said...

Lol, I guess your opinion of Ultima II is now better heh

Anonymous said...

You may want to try the remake of Drash in a more Ultimesque way :P

It is called Drash Roguelike

Anonymous said...

There was this wicked good ad for Drash in an old issue of COMPUTE! or somewhere. I've saved it all these years. It had the painting of the castle that's usually associated with Ultima 1. Just gorgeous. I've always felt a bit bad that I never had the chance to play it.

Now I will never feel bad about that again. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.