Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Akalabeth Day 1 - II -

Man this game looks to be hard as hell. I entered a dungeon and one thing led to another I fell down like 3 traps and I had no idea how to get back up. Lovely.

Okay now I have no idea what's happening. I go in the dungeons, kill monsters, but when I go back out I'm not getting more HP or Gold so I end up running out of food. The hell? Oh no I do gain HP and I get the gold in the dungeon, logical. Okay okay let's play this thing seriously now.

I think I'll actually have to map this freaking dungeon :| Or maybe not.

Okay so I've played that game for a solid 45 minutes. At first I created a fighter with pretty good stats and played with him for a bit. It went well but eventually I started to realize the slow pace of my progression and I remembered Ophidian's comment about mages, amulets and lizard men. So I scrapped my fighter and started a mage.

First thing I did is get some amulets and cast Bad??. At first it backfired but I got it the second time. I was and still am overjoyed, it's really awesome to be a lizard my stats are awesome! On top of that I just realized that the Lizard Man's stats are STACKABLE, which means I can cast it over and over and my stats will just keep going up! I don't know if there is a time limit on being a lizard man but at the moment it does seem permanent which is awesome. In a couple of minutes (It is currently 7:18PM) I will go back to it and I will just use the amulet over and over to get my stats up real high, saving beforehand each time to make sure I don't become a toad or whatever.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, I'm playing the msdos version and it seems I can't take screenshots. Ophidian has a bunch of pictures of the game on his page if you want to check it out.

No comments: