Friday, August 24, 2007

Ultima V Day 2


Yeah I haven't posted in a while even though tuesday. I sort of forced myself to write before forgetting what happened.

Well I did forget :D What I can say though I that I am finally getting into my groove. So far I think I've played around 6 hours and I'm just getting comfortable. This game is much much harder to play than the previous ones. The day-night cycle and the oppressive atmosphere contribute to the difficulty and in fact are probably the source of it. At one point I ran out of food and I had to go from Minoc to Paws to get some. I managed to use a moongate but it took me a couple of tries to do it without having one my character die.

But now I have a boat, gotten from some pirates and more money. I also have a lot of surplus equipment which I could sell for my monetary needs. I got a couple of quests from the shrines and learned a couple of things from the fortune teller in moonglow. I'm still not sure about the big picture, what am I supposed to accomplish in the end? I still don't really know. But as I learn more about the little pieces it should complete the puzzle.

Is it me or is the morning star absolutely awesome? I love it!

I'm just getting into my comfort zone so I expect the real fun to begin here. I'll tell you more about it in the next few days!




3 comments:

Natreg said...

Well, your main objective is to find Lord Briths.

And your second main objective should be get rid of the shadowlords.

GrahfZilla said...

Yeah, obviously :)

I just have no idea how to achieve that goal at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Ooch, I remember getting really far in U5 and still having no idea how to deal with the Shadowlords. That's when you've really gotta scour your notes, coz in a game as big as this, there just no time to take the U2 approach and say, "well, I'll just try everything until something works."